How to Get Vomit Out of Carpet
Step 1: Scrape or blot up excess spill.
Step 2: Apply dry baking soda.
Step 3: Scrape and vacuum.
Step 4: Apply water using a damp sponge to rinse the remaining baking soda. Don't over wet.
Step 5: Blot-don't rub.
Step 6: Apply pre-soak solution (see "Cleaning Solutions") using a damp towel.
Step 7: Rinse with water as above.
Step 8: Blot-don't rub-dry well.
Step 9: Apply dry powder cleaner (see "Cleaning Solutions").
Step 10: Vacuum.
1. Detergent: Mix 1/2 teaspoon clear dishwashing detergent with one cup of warm (not hot) water.
2. Pre-soak Solution: Mix 1 teaspoon enzyme laundry detergent (such as Axion, Biz, or others) with one cup of water.
3. Dry Powder Cleaner: Use powdered carpet cleaners such as.
4. Dry Cleaning Solvent: Non-oily, non-caustic type sold as spot removal for garments. Caution: May be flammable.
* Note: Not all carpet fibers react the same way when treated for stains. Before proceeding with any of the preceding cleaning procedures, we recommend you contact the appropriate fiber company for their suggested maintenance guidelines. Failure to follow these carpet stain removal guidelines may void your warranty. For more information, please contact your Carpet One retailer.
Note: If your carpet has an Ultra 25a Warranty, you must call 3M directly prior to treating any stain. Failure to do this will void your warranty.
Have another stain? Check out our carpet stain removal guide.